How do I get a Sample BrainPad?
This is a question we receive on an almost daily basis. We regularly donate BrainPads to schools and organizations, and you may get a free one (or more) as well. As our budget is limited by donations, we only offer complimentary BrainPads to qualified educators. We understand teachers have limited budgets, and we do our best to help. Please read this page before asking for freebies.
Use the Online Simulator
The Microsoft MakeCode online simulator can provide several weeks of classroom activities for free. Even if you don’t have a BrainPad, the first step is to try your programs on the simulator. Of course, students are much more engaged when they have the actual hardware, but please familiarize yourself with the simulator before asking for free samples. You will have a much higher chance of being selected if you share a project that was created by you or your students.
Lead the STEM Movement
Do you help other teachers? Do you create content or curriculum? We would love to see how you are helping other teachers and the community.
Featuring Your Efforts
Congratulations! If you have been selected, you are someone that is making a difference. We would love to feature you and your school on our “Spotlight” page. Here are some questions to get you started. These questions are just a guide, please tell us whatever you think would be of interest.
- Are you okay with us sharing your answers through our channels? If not, clearly indicate what should be kept private.
- Who are you? Your name, age, school, degree, or whatever you would like to share about your personal life.
- If you are under 18, please get permission from your parents before sharing your information.
- Tell us about your professional life or your school.
- What does STEM mean to you? How are you involved with STEM?
- Tell us about your coding experience and what languages you have used.
- Have you used MakeCode? Tell us about what you’ve made.
- Have you used any products other than the BrainPad with MakeCode?
- Have you built any software projects, perhaps built a video game using MakeCode Arcade?
- Have you built any hardware projects, perhaps made a robot or used circuits and LEDs?
- How are you helping the community?
- How can people find you online? Social links, email, whatever you want to share!
- Do you have photos or videos showing your work with the community or projects you have built?
- If you are showing people’s faces in the photos you are sharing, do you have photo releases?
- Does your organization have a shipping account or can you cover shipping costs? Shipping can be costly for destinations outside of the United States.
- Are you willing to cover import tax, duties, or whatever costs are incured by your local government?
- Are you a member of our online community? Have you been helping others? https://community.brainpad.com/
Get Started Now!
We can’t wait to hear from you to see how we can work together. Get started today with the online simulator and share you experience with us at email@example.com!