The provided driver allows users to control the BrainGamer controller without needing to understand advanced details.
You must complete the BrainGamer Intro lesson first. This page is just a quick reference of the API. Skim through it quickly and jump into the next lesson.
This page is a summary of the BrainGamer API drivers found in all programming language options.
- Beep(): Generates a short sound on the buzzer.
- SoundOn(frequency): Activates the buzzer at a specific frequency. Note that the buzzer is the one found on the BrainGamer (connected to P0).
- SoundOff(): Turn the buzzer off.
- ButtonUp(): Reads a button. 1 means it is pressed.
- ButtonDown(): Reads a button. 1 means it is pressed.
- ButtonRight(): Reads a button. 1 means it is pressed.
- ButtonLeft(): Reads a button. 1 means it is pressed.
- ButtonScanTime(second): A period of how long the button will be checked for press in the past (time machine!). It defaults to 0.25 allowing all button functions to return 1 if the button was pressed within the past 250 milliseconds.
- RockerX(): Reads the Rocker X position. As the rocker sits in the middle by default, the returned value without any movement will be around 50.
- RockerY(): Reads the Rocker Y position. As the rocker sits in the middle by default, the returned value without any movement will be around 50.
- VibrateOn(): Activates the vibrator (haptic feedback).
- VibrateOff(): Deactivates the vibrator.
You are now ready to start making games with the BrainGamer. Start with making BrainGamer Pong game.